Standing Working Group for Regional Rural Development (SWG) within the SWG EU funded project” Regional cooperation and networking in the field of agriculture, rural and economic development of cross-border areas” organized workshop on topic “Development of value chains in tourism and agri-business sector – instrument for strengthening competitiveness of cross-border regions and entrance of small entrepreneurs of local products at the regional markets” for participants from the cross-border region “Drina-Tara” in a period from 16-18 April 2018 in Zlatibor, Serbia.
Workshop was conducted by trainers from the Regional Development Agency “Zlatibor”, Užice, Serbia and Sabina Ramovic, owner of the Travel Agency “Rams”, Bijelo Polje, Montenegro for representatives of the business sector and civil sector (business oriented) from the cross -border region “Drina -Tara”. The workshop was organized on a participatory approach, through discussions and group work.
Main topics presented and discussed during workshop:
- -The theoretical concept of value chain development and its application in enhancing cooperation between local stakeholders in the tourism sector and the production of local products.
- -What local stakeholders in the tourism and agribusiness sectors can do to increase the competitiveness of the sector and their involvement in value chains and local / regional / national / international markets? Examples and experiences from the cross-border region “Drina Tara” (Development of typical products in B&H and Serbia) models of branding of products (quality guarantee of mountain breakfast), regional manifestations (example of Association of Sommeliers of Zlatibor district), international organization (SLOW FOOD).
- -Value chains mapping in tourism and agribusiness in the cross-border area, creating an action plan and elaborating 2 priority actions – How to identify key actors in the value chain, their weaknesses and opportunities, the causes of weaknesses and how to create priority corrective actions for selected value chains.
During the workshop was presented and demonstrated Mountain breakfast in the Hotel “Mona”, Zlatibor and organized B2B meetings with agricultural producers from CBR “Drina-Tara” and management staff from the Hotel “Mona” Zlatibor.
Within the focus groups were analyzed two value chains:
- -Mapping of value chain in adventure tourism in the cross- border region “Drina-Tara”
- -Mapping of value chain of berry fruits from the Dinaric mountains